Children are enrolled for five days per week in a family child care home. Parents may select the provider of their choice, and are given the opportunity to visit the family child care homes before the provider is selected. Selection is dependent upon space available within a service area. The homes are located throughout the East County.
The Family Child Care Program is available all year, although most are closed on legal holidays.
Hours vary depending on parent's needs and the provider's availability. Weekend, overnight, and evening hours may be available in some areas.
- 1) Immunizations must be up to date at time of enrollment.
- 2) Children must have had a physical and dental exam within the last year.
- 1) Meet Head Start income guidelines
- 2) Child must be between the ages of 3 to 5 years old.
Head Start Locations
- 1) AKA- East County
Curriculum includes activities that help develop the child in the following areas:
- A) Art
- B) Music
- C) Reading/Language
- D) Indoor/Outdoor Play
- E) Self Help skills
- F) Social/Emotional
Head Start works in partnership with families and communities to develop:
- A) Self sufficiency
- B) Community advocacy
- C) Utilization of community resources
Provides opportunity for parents to participate in program and policy discussions:
- A) Monthly meeting(s)
- B) Advisory boards
- C) Leadership and training opportunities